Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Tennessee State Prison


Cage The Elephant - Cold Cold Cold (Official Music Video)

I'm not quite sure about this tune. It might be okay, but I've only listened to it a couple of times. What brings us here is the building in the opening sequence.

From the video
Reddit/r/whereisthis tells me this the Tennessee State Prison

From Google
I'm still amazed at the amount of detail Google Maps can deliver.

I don't understand buildings very well. A hundred years ago, we built zillions of these elaborate masonry castles. I mean every county in the country has a big, stone courthouse, not to mention all the big government buildings in big cities. Now they are mostly obsolete. Very few are still in use, a few have been preserved for historical purposes, but many of them are just waiting to be torn down.

How many of our current buildings will still be in use in a hundred years? What will new buildings look like in a hundred years?

No comments: