Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Knives Out


Knives Out (2019) New Trailer – Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas

Took the family to the movie theater this evening. Haven't done that in a long while. My wife bought the tickets so I don't know how much it cost, but from what Ross told me the other day, I suspect it is in the range of $15 a head. Being old has certain advantages. You don't have to do as much, and when you do actually do something, it's a big deal, so you can splurge a little bit.

Things have changed at the the theater. The box office, with four ticket windows, was empty. My wife had one of them thar Q squares on her phone and that was enough to get us a pleasant greeting as we passed the check-point and down the hall to our assigned seats in an auditorium with stadium seating.

The movie was a very silly, meticulous, who-dun-it, dun in the style of an Agatha Christy novel. (She's the one who wrote the Hercule Poirot, isn't she?) It was perfect, every stylized character was there, in style. Every line was exactly where you expected it to be. Sometimes it was just so perfect I had to laugh. The plot is twisted. I think they must have called in a contortionist for this one. When Daniel Craig is getting close to solving the puzzle, he explains it (to Marta, I think) using a donut as an analogy. It is stupendous. And Marta has a peculiar trait that is exploited very effectively.

Some other old faces showed up:

  • Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Don Johnson
  • Christopher Plummer
I recognized them, I didn't recognize any of the younger players, even though some of them might be famous.

P.S. Showtime was 7 PM, but there was a half hour of previews and advertisements before the show actually started.

No comments: