Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin

Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
I'm not quite sure what to make of this book. We follow a dozen or so characters around San Francisco in the 1970's. Some of them get along, some are disagreeable. Mary Ann Singleton is the main character. She is from Cleveland and is relatively strait-laced. Most everyone else is on the prowl.

I'm not sure there was any point to this story. People go about their lives. There is a certain amount of affection and hostility, but most of the characters are nothing to write home about.

I found this book in a bookcase in the basement. I don't know where it came from. The best that I can say is that it was an easy read and didn't take long to finish.

I spent a few months in the Bay Area sometime in the 1970's. My experience was very different than the characters in the book. I spent most of my time working as a mechanic in the Del Monte tomato cannery in Oakland. I managed to save up a thousand dollars, and when I got laid off at the end of the season, I split (left town, for those of you who aren't hip to the lingo).


No comments: