Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, February 21, 2020

Density

Natural Gas Cut Off
Checked the mail at the new house today, found three bills from the gas company including a shut off notice. The first bill was mailed on February 6th. I called them back in early December to set up the account and it takes them two months to send me a bill, and then because I didn't hop right to it, two weeks later they send me a notice of impending cut-off. Frigging morons. Whatever, let's get this resolved right now, I've got my credit card, I'll give them a call. I call and wade through their robo-cop swamp until I get to the actual payment robot who refuses to take my payment because my street number doesn't agree with my account number. And then it hangs up on me. How dense can you get? I called back and dialed 9 for emergency as I figured that would get me to a person and it did, and they were able to get me connected to someone who was able to straighten out robo-cop.

Casablanca Fan Controller
Ordered new fan controllers for the ceiling fans. These mount in an outlet box in the wall and connect up to the household wiring. Bonus: they require two AAA batteries. WTF? You have all the power in the world at the tips of your wires and you need batteries? The bogon flux around here is approaching infinity.


No comments: