Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Starship

Starship SN01’s tank and engine section is likely just a few days
away from being structurally complete. (SPadre – 02/17/20)
The Silicon Graybeard has synopsis of news about SpaceX and their rocket ship factory in south Texas. It sounds great. At this rate the cost of launching a rocket into orbit will soon be too low to meter. That cone topped cylinder in the picture above (left) looks a tad raggedy. I don't know what it is, it might be something left over from a previous project. On the other hand, maybe if you are making your rocketships out of steel and you don't care how pretty it looks because it's going to be the biggest rocketship the world has ever seen and maybe the small defects in the streamlining don't make enough difference to worry about, and that cone topped cylinder is the actual Starship prototype. That would be kind of cool. It would upset my view of space travel as something done fastidiously using only prefect equipment, or at least equipment spiffed up enough to look good on the cameras. But it would be cool.

I am beginning to think they might put a Starship into orbit this year. That would be awesome.

Looking at myself and the excitement I feel, I am put in mind of the enthusiasm people had for airplanes a hundred years ago. Don't forget that Lindbergh was mobbed when he landed in Paris.

P.S. I wonder if Blogger alters the relationship between the size of pictures and size of text between the editor and the display. I mention this because the picture looks very small here, but I used the 'large' setting. We'll see what it looks like in preview and posted.


No comments: