Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Drag Racing


MURDER NOVA Throwsdown in TULSA - Clocks On! - 2020 Midwest Pro Mod Series Season Opener

When I was a kid I was pretty much car crazy but somewhere along the way my world view expanded and cars became just tools for going places. However, my inner child won't die and cars still occupy a sizable portion of my brain.

Drag Racing is kind of nuts. I remember that 50 years ago the holy grail was running the quarter mile in seven seconds and clocking 200 MPH. Sometime between now and then, they reduced the strip length to one-eighth of a mile. Now they reach the same top speed of 200 MPH, but it only takes them 4 seconds.

Drag Racing is a spectacle. I suspect one of the big attractions is the visceral sound effects. Not just what you hear, but the impact on your body. It's kind of like shooting guns that way.

Via BangShift

No comments: