Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, May 25, 2020

Freud


Freud | Official Trailer | Netflix

Freud's comparison of the mind to a house (read the subtitles, or below) resonated with me, especially the part about how consciousness is like a candle in a dark house illuminating only the immediate area. All the other rooms are dark, but that doesn't mean they are not occupied or that nothing is going on there. There are all kinds of agents engaged in all kinds of activity in those dark rooms. Only occasionally are those activities revealed to the warm light of your conscious mind.
I'm a house. It's dark in me. My consciousness is a lonely light. A candle in the wind. Everything else is in shadows.  But they are there - the other rooms, niches, hallways, staircases, doors. And anything that lives within, and wanders within. It is there. It lives. Within the house that is me. Forbidden thoughts. Memories we don't want to see in the light. They dance around us in the darkness. They haunt . . .  and whisper. They scare us. They make us sick. They make us hysterical.
We started watching this series last night, but it was too creepy for SWMBO, so we bailed. I might have to go back and try watching it on my own.

No comments: