Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Dalida


Dalida - Bambino (1957)

I'm watching a Tim Traveler video about a hill in Paris and as he passes by a bust of Dalida he mentions that she was 'one of the most successful recording artists in history'. I've never heard of her, so a-Googling I go, and here we are.

She had some really bad luck with men close to her: four of them died by suicide. Dalida attempted suicide twice, the second time she was successful. Makes me wonder if there wasn't some kind of mental virus going around that led these people down a dark path.

2 comments:

Chris said...

So I had never heard of The Tim Traveler, but I think it's a hilarious name so I go looking for this video. And I discover many additional fascinating videos by this same guy. Including one about the world's longest conveyor belt (you can see it from space). Thanks for setting me up to waste even more time on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FzgaSWDDw

Chris

Chuck Pergiel said...

I've watched a number of his videos. He is entertaining and he often includes odd little bits of information. He did one on a resort hotel that never opened, or quickly failed, that gave me a different perspective on building things.