Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sawdust Collection

Osmany's new saw with our cobbled together dust collector.
The blue hose is ribbed. Blogger's new editor is garbage. You can see the original picture here.

Roberta X has got herself a new saw: a compound sliding miter saw, which prompted me to post this. Osmany also bought one. It's a wonderful saw. big, powerful, accurate, easily turns any kind of board into sawdust. I would have bought one myself but I have too much stuff that I don't use. Osmany buying one saved me. Anyway, the saw comes with a sawdust collection bag, but it is ridiculously tiny, about the size of a sock you wear on your foot, so we looked around Lowe's for some kind of tubing to redirect the sawdust into a bucket and we found some pieces that work. The white elbow is part of a drain for a kitchen sink, the ribbed blue hose is for a swimming pool. It was a remnant so it was half price. Those two fit together well, but the elbow was a little large for the outlet on the saw so we wrapped the outlet with a couple of layers of heavy canvas strapping. It is not what you would call SECURE, but it works well enough.

P.S. This is the first post I have done with Blogger's new editor and I have to say it is a piece of crap. It's been lurking on the fringes for a while now, but so far I've been able to use the old editor. Not sure why. Maybe because I'm running Linux and I refuse to install any updates until shit quits working.

No comments: