Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, July 16, 2020

B-58 Hustler


B-58 Hustler | Technological marvel or Cold War blunder?
Atomic Cafe

I vaguely remember the B-58 from when I was a kid. I think someone, might have been me or one of my friends, had a model of it. For a 12 year old kid it was pretty cool, but I didn't really have any idea of what all was involved. I remember recently reading about the B-58's fire control computer and how it was the size of a small car. Okay, maybe more like the size of a washing machine, but still pretty big for something that was inside an airplane. Looking back, the B-58 was a technological tour-de-force.

I don't remember where I picked this up, some other blogger I follow I suspect.

The B-58 has appeared here before.

No comments: