Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Good Morning


Let's Fix What's Wrong with this Nissan Figaro (feat. Technology Connections)
Aging Wheels

This guy has a couple of interesting tricks up his sleeve, especially when he turns down a spark plug wrench using a wood lathe just after the 13 minute mark.

I often think cars should be modular so you could easily separate the engine from the rest of the car to make it easier to do some of these repairs. It could be done, but it would probably add some weight and cost and being as cars are designed to minimize those aspects it's not going to happen. Plus it gives enterprising guys complicated 3D puzzles to puzzle over.

First thing I do in the morning is fire up me computer and go poking around to see if anything catches my eye. I used to read the newspaper first thing in the morning, when it showed up, but then they raised their rates, and then they quit offering Sunday only, so I gave it up. But now the Sunday only subscription is available again so we've signed up. I only like it for the comics and the Jumble and the Numbrix puzzles, all of which are available on-line. However, on-line comics are only one per page and I haven't found a curated selection anywhere, much less one that appeals to me. The Oregonian has a long list of available comics, and if you don't have anything else to do with the rest of your life, you could poke around in there. I've done a bit of that, but most of them don't do anything for me, especially since you not only have to wait milliseconds, milliseconds I tell you, for the page to load, you then have to scroll down and adjust the zoom level so you can read it comfortably. Screw that. Jumble is available on-line, except for the Sunday puzzle. On Sundays, the on-line version pulls up an ancient puzzle from out of their archives. Also, working the puzzles with a pen is quicker and easier than using the mouse and keyboard. Also also, working the Jumble with a pen allows to work from both ends. Normally you start by unscrambling the individual words and then trying to figure out what the phrase is. However, on occasion I am sometimes able to guess the solution phrase and use that to unscramble a particularly troublesome word. Can't do this with the on-line version, at least not without resorting to pen and paper, or upgrading my working memory.

Checking my YouTube history it seems I watched 14 videos this morning, or rather I started watching them. I only watched four, including this one, to completion. The others were:

They weren't too bad, but they didn't make the cut. The other ten ranged from awful to boring to okay, that's enough of that, let's move on.


No comments: