Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Pizza Now

Turbochef I3 Countertop Oven
Ross stopped by his local 7-11 to pick up a frozen pizza for dinner. The cashier offered to cook it for him. Seems they had a brand new $10,000 microwave that can cook a frozen pizza in 2 minutes. Turned out well, not like you might expect a microwaved pizza would be. I am a little shocked by how much the oven costs, but I guess I shouldn't be. Commercial investments really need to pay off within 3 years. To do that, the oven needs to generate an extra $10 a day. I suppose having one on hand could lead to selling an additional ten pizzas a day. That might make it worthwhile.

3 comments:

Birdchaser said...

$13,000 for a microwave oven? Hahahaha. I'll never be in that much of a hurry.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Talk to Moe. You could flash-fry a buffalo in 40 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EBhaULToU

xoxoxoBruce said...

If having the oven/service causes people to come to your store, rather than a dozen others selling the same things, it may pay off.