Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Vicious Cycle

Honda CB-160 Cafe Racer by Vicious Cycle
"Vicious Cycle is the #1 CB160 Honda retro shop in country says Jesse, sales guy at Beaverton Honda" - Andy
About a zillion years ago I used to have a Honda CB-160. I saved up $400 from my paper route to buy it used. I don't think I had it for more than a couple of years before I managed to destroy the engine. I learned a bit about machines from working on it, like parts for specialty vehicles like motor cycles cost ten times as much as similar products for run-of-the-mill cars, things like ignition coils. And parts that are supposed to be round but aren't can make a mess of things, like when I replaced the rear drive sprocket with one that was a good eighth of an inch off center. If you happen to adjust the chain when the sprocket is in the position that gives you the most slack, when the sprocket rolls around to the other side, the tension on the chain and the drive sprocket will be so great that it will ruin the chain and distort the engine case enough that it will start leaking oil. Criminently, I paid good money for that sprocket, purchased from a Honda dealer. I will give them that it wasn't a genuine Honda part, but a cheap knockoff. Still, you'd think if you were going to make a sprocket you would make sure that all the bits were concentric. Reminds me of the guys at Dana and the frames they built for Toyota. Good going American manufacturing. Yeah, you built a zillion machines that worked perfectly but it's the ones you screw up that people like me remember.

Regardless, I drove that thing all over Licking County and even into Columbus Ohio on occasion, so when Andy ran across this bit about Vicious Cycle, he had to pass it on.

Vicious Cycle shop on SE Division in Portland Oregon

Same shop in Google Street View. How did they get rid of the telephone pole in the previous picture?
Google-Fu: These two pictures of the shop come from Google Maps. The first one comes from the photos attached to the location. The second one comes from Streetview. You cannot download the photos attached to the shop, but you can do a print screen, except the lower left corner of the image is occupied by a mini-map, which detracts from the image. However, in the upper left corner of the image is a little label with 3 vertical dots. Click on the dots and you get a menu. Click on share and then click on copy link. Now you use that link to see that image unobscured.

No comments: