Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Market Street Exit Ramp

Market Street Exit Ramp
Blue line follows the exit ramp from highway 26 into downtown Portland.
The yellow area is a prime camping area.
The red line is a stretch of sidewalk that is almost entirely covered by tents.
I wrote a letter to the mayor of Portland this morning:
to mayorwheeler 
I drive into Portland from Hillsboro on highway 26 most every morning. This morning I encountered a couple of people on the Market Street exit ramp. There are no provisions for pedestrians on this section of road. The exit ramp does not even have any shoulders. 
This is a very dangerous situation. 
I suspect this is just one more indicator of the growing homeless population. 
Since we apparently have not made any progress in housing the homeless, might I suggest that you establish some campgrounds within the city limits. While not a wonderful solution, it could help alleviate some of the problems we are dealing with. 
If you cannot find a suitable site for a campground, might I suggest turning some of the city parks into campgrounds.

No comments: