Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sugar Mills


Java Sugar Mills in Action - 2004
blackthorne57

This video reminded me of the sugar mill on Maui I saw when I was there two years ago.

HC&S Puʻunēnē Mill. Photo 2015 by Wendy Osher.
Photo taken back when the mill was still in operation.

Current Google Streetview of the same mill.
The mill wasn't in operation when I was there, but I remember looking it up and Google Streetview still showed plumes of smoke coming from the smokestacks. Supposedly, Google Streetview has an archive feature that allows you to pull up older Streetviews, but evidently it doesn't work everywhere as I couldn't find any archives for this location.

Update January 2024 replaced missing video. At the end of the new video there are some views of Mt. Bromo.

No comments: