Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Blogger's New Editor

Because FU Blogger

I am not happy with Blogger's new editor. Seems like every time I write a post I run into some new-fangled crap that gets in my way. This time it's the menu you get when you right click on a highlighted piece of text. Used to be, back in the good old days, back before these dad-burn whipper-snappers started running all over my lawn (get off of my lawn, you dad-burn whipper-snappers) you would get a little pop-up menu that included 'Search Google for blah-de-blah'. Now you get some other menu that does not include the search function. I don't know what any of the other menu items are, and I don't care, all I want it is the search function and now I have to point and click twice as much to get what I want. Bah, double bah and humbug.

Yes, I could move to some other Blogging platform, but that would be a lot of work and take a bunch of time and it probably wouldn't help because they are probably engaged in a feature war with Google and I'll have to deal with the same kind of crap over there besides having to learn my way around their oh-so-intuitive interface.

Eventually I imagine I will either subconsciously adapt, or if something bugs me enough I will take steps to learn how to make it work like I want. Why can't they just leave things alone? The old one worked well enough, why did they have to change it? Cretins.


 

No comments: