Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Murder Hornet

 

Murder Hornet and his gun

Sorry for the sad picture. I took a very nice one using the Magnifier app on my smart phone, but I neglected to press Save because why should I have to do that? I don't have to do it with the Camera app. Anyway, the good pictures vanished and I am left with this one. Those are centimeters marked off on the ruler so you can see how monstrous this bug is.

Actually the bug is what we used to call a 'sweat bee' back in Ohio. They are kind of odd. They show up occasionally, buzz around for awhile, never seem to land anywhere and never bite or sting anyone. Basically harmless. This one was lying on his back on the table waving his legs feebly.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Sweat Bees are like a flashing blue light in the mirror that zooms by after somebody else. Relief after a good clench. The Murder Bees look like they are close to 2 inches long.