Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 2, 2020

Is Common Sense Making a Comeback?

The unfettered barrage of airport PA announcements may be coming to an end:

Copenhagen, we turn our weary ears to you. Not long ago I was working a flight into CPH when one of our passengers left behind a laptop. A flight attendant passed the computer to a gate agent and asked if he could page the person it belonged to. No, sir. Copenhagen is a “quiet airport,” the agent explained. No public address announcements are permitted unless it’s something urgent. That Scandinavian sensibility once again. Peace and quiet. What a concept.

I’m told that San Francisco International is instituting a similar set of rules. I’ll believe it when I (don’t) hear it. - Patrick Smith on Ask The Pilot

Here I thought I was the only one who thought all those PA announcements were annoying and stupid.

Via FlightAware

 

No comments: