Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 7, 2021

BMW Overheating Diagnosis

I don't much care for BMW's. 50 years ago the 1600 and 2002 sports sedans were pretty cool. Small, light weight, good handling. Sporty. But today's BMW's are plastic fantastic monsters. I don't know whether they are any better or worse than other cars. Some people complain loudly and longly about their propensity to break down and the complexity and high cost of repairs. That and their high price is enough to dissuade me. I do have to admit they do make some pretty cars.


I Bought this $150,000 BMW Supercar and Got 70% OFF because the DEALER COULDN'T FIX IT! (Lemon)
Samcrac

Anyway, yesterday I watched this video of a guy trying to track down an overheating problem on some kind of weird BMW I've never heard of and he's pretty entertaining, in geeky car guy kind of way.

The Dealer FAILED my "Unrepairable" BMW Supercar! Can I Fix it with this Simple DIY Trick???Samcrac

Today he's got a new one. He might have found the problem, but he still hasn't fixed it. I expect we may get a series.

The computerized diagnostics can give you a lot of information and they may be able to help identify some common problems, but they aren't doing much good here. The business about bleeding the cooling system is just nuts. I've heard of it before, but I still don't like it. If your car need to have the cooling system bled, you're driving the wrong car. The head gasket leak detector is a new one. I suspect there are other methods that are just as effective, like bubbles showing up in the overflow tank, but I guess it would be nice to get some confirmation before you start pulling the engine out.


No comments: