Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 11, 2021

We Need a New Media System

Hostile Forces

We Need a New Media System by Matt Taibbi

That's what I've been saying! Matt, I could kiss you! No, wait, would that be considered gay? A hug? Eh, maybe not. I handshake and warm congratulations (on agreeing with me, the king of my world). That would be the ticket.

Here's a couple of quotes from his post that I really liked:

Drifting apart into two separate tribes, with a separate set of facts and separate realities, with nothing in common except our hostility towards each other and mistrust for the few national institutions that we all still share. - Mitch McConnell

Instead, outlets like CNN and MSNBC took a Fox-like approach, downplaying issues in favor of shoving Trump’s agitating personality in the faces of audiences over and over, to the point where many people could no longer think about anything else. - Matt Taibbi

P.S. I was sure I had written about YouText, the next great website / service, but Blogger's search function couldn't find it. Weird. Is Blogger crushing my dreams? Here's another post where it gets mentioned: Text R Us

Update Tuesday. Commenter Bruce points out that there is a YouText website, but it's more like a sexting service, which is not what I am looking for. I am going to have to come up with a new name, well, somebody is, if it's ever going to be implemented.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Google found it first shot, seems there are two addresses youtext.com and m.youtext.com.