Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Aches and Pains

Since my back flaked out on me, I am not as effective at getting things done. Shoot, hiking to the back of beyond (the far corner of Home Depot) is enough to justify taking a nap. But I can drive, and since there are always errands that need to be run, I do. I drive my pickup truck and it seems to be comfortable enough but I suspect all the bouncing and jouncing over the Portland potholes puts some strain on me. A couple of days of driving around town and I am flipping exhausted. I got a massage for the first time last week and it was an experience. I suppose intense is the best description. I felt a whole lot better afterwards.

I wonder if a car with a more car like (softer) suspension might make driving less draining. I do hate it though when a wheel drops into a pothole and whole car suffers a big jolt. I never used to care about potholes, they were a nuisance, but what are you going to do about it? If you're driving a truck you don't care, you just drive right over them.  A friend of mine, J. R. Montgomery, used to drive trucks for a living. He told me about the time he drove a Cadillac from Ohio to New York City, a distance of about 400 miles. He said it was the most comfortable ride he had ever taken. It was like sitting on your living room couch. Bet there weren't any potholes back then.

Previous posts on the subject.

No comments: