Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Comanches


The Gruesome History of the Comanche Tribe - Joe Rogan
The Sigma Life

Stopped by Powell's this afternoon. I was disappointed that they only had one book by Peter Watts (Blindsight) and I've already read it, so I went and looked at Neal Stephenson. There are a couple of shelves of his books including one I hadn't read - Termination Shock. The story opens in Waco, Texas, and one of the lead characters (Rufus, I believe) has some relation to the Comanches, and Comanches, Neal tells us, got a leg up on the other inhabitants of the region by being early adopters of the horse. And then this video pops up so I gotta share.

1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

The Smithsonian has a collection of Winter Count blankets/hides that a tribe would record some event each year to be a history/calendar. So they could say, oh I remember that was during the year of such & such, then everyone would know how long ago it happened.
There is a Winter Count from a Lakota Sioux tribe that shows one of the recorded events was some women and kids went to pick berries and the was a young boy from another tribe there picking... so they killed him.