BSA Lightning was produced from 1965 to 1972. Originally Lightnings displaced 650 cc, but someone has increased the displacement on this one to 840 or 850 cc.
I had those mufflers on my '67 Lightning. I don't know the brand cause they were loaned to me by the dealer in Key West. I had them about a year and he wanted them back. They had no baffles in them but were not loud.
That had to be a much later year than my '67. Mine did not have a tank that looked like that and didn't have disc brakes. The brakes on my bike were non-existent when it rained. It's a wonder I made it home to NJ from Key West when I got transferred out.
Is that a Norton muffler ?
ReplyDeleteYes, it does look like a Commando muffler.
ReplyDeleteI had those mufflers on my '67 Lightning. I don't know the brand cause they were loaned to me by the dealer in Key West. I had them about a year and he wanted them back. They had no baffles in them but were not loud.
ReplyDeleteThat had to be a much later year than my '67. Mine did not have a tank that looked like that and didn't have disc brakes. The brakes on my bike were non-existent when it rained. It's a wonder I made it home to NJ from Key West when I got transferred out.
ReplyDelete