Stolen from The Scratching Post
California
There's something most people don't understand about what's happening in California, something I didn't understand until a month or two ago. I wrote this in a previous blog post, but it was an epiphany for me that bears retelling.
The high speed choo-choo was never intended to run. There was never any intent to actually build the trains, build the bridges or lay the tracks. It was all a grift from the start, a grift to the tune of tens of billions of dollars.
Think about the size of that con for a second. Bernie Madoff pocketed around a billion when all was said and done. Yes, investors lost more than that, but Bernie himself only got a 10-figure payout. The high speed choo choo is an order of magnitude larger and no one is risking jail.
When that project was started, I knew in my bones you could never do it. I've built houses and remodeled houses in California. It is almost impossible to get anything of consequence done. A house is one thing, but a railroad running for more than a 100 miles? No chance.
Still, until some Internet wag said it, I hadn't put two and two together, It was all a fraud from the start.
The homeless are the same thing. I said before that the encampments in our cities are just feed lots for the non-profits. Read San Fran-sicko. Seriously. Until you read that, you don't have a sense of the depth of the corruption.
The water situation in California is similar, but I don't think it's a grift. I think it's just simple ideological blockheadedness.
Okay, typical government corruption. But then he brings up Muslim Rape Gangs and I'm not going to even think about that because If I do I'll start foaming at the mouth and my carefully cultivated façade of an educated gentleman will crumble and I will be cast out into the darkness.

No comments:
Post a Comment