Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Doonesbury

Doonesbury September 29, 2024

This comic showed up in the Sunday paper. I used to enjoy Doonesbury, but sometime in the last ten years he became afflicted with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and he hasn't been any fun since.

I'm posting this one because he's accusing Trump of all the things the Biden haters have been saying about Biden for the last few years, which is kind of weird. One, I have never heard anyone accusing Trump of these things before. Okay, I don't listen to any of the main stream / liberal media, so maybe they have been saying this stuff all along but I just didn't hear any of it. The other is that I have been hearing accusations that the Democrats are out and out lying about all kinds of things.

None of these rumors and inuendo has any bearing on whether he can do the job. Anyway, this comic was like getting hit in the face with a dead fish. Wake up Pergelator! Smell the stink!

While we are talking about propaganda, the default screen on Microsoft's browser is covered with news stories which annoys me to no end. First of all, I don't need any more news, I get plenty from my regular sources, I don't any more distractions. The other is Bill Gates. I don't like and I don't trust him and I certainly don't want to hear anything he has to say, and you know just his looming presence is enough to sway what's showing up on the screen. Google may be guilty of many things, but at least the home screen is just white space. Yes, I know it's my own fault, I said I was going to install Linux, but my head needs to be in the right space to tackle that. Basically, I'm not yet frustrated enough with Windows to take that step, but it's coming.

No comments: