Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Showtime

It's Christmas and all the kids are home. Tuesday we saw the Santaland Diaries with Wade McCollum. It is based on an essay by David Sidaris. I am not particularly impressed by Sidaris, but McCollum was hilarious. Comedy is all in the timing, or maybe it's the delivery, or maybe some people just know how to tell a joke. In any case McCollum had it down pat. Of course, his body language, facial expressions and voices helped a bunch.

This evening we watched Walt Disney / Pixar's Up. Grumpy old man (Get Offa My Lawn) part II. Ross wanted to watch Die Hard but I had seen it too many times. I don't care if it's traditional. Up is really a pretty goof ball movie, pretty funny, and some good characterizations.

Ross went to see Avatar Sunday at a Regal Theater. They charged $13.50 for a ticket. I can wait. We are going to see Sherlock Holmes tomorrow. I didn't even know there was such a movie.

No comments: