Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Come Back to Erin


Grandma and darling daughter are working on a crossword puzzle and Kathryn wants to know where Grandma got "ERIN" for Ireland, and I'm like what? You don't know that Erin is another name for Ireland? My children's education is lacking, I have failed as a father! Then I try and remember how I know, and I am sure I have come across the reference a thousand times, but then I remember a song about Erin, well, I sort of remember it, I remember that it contained the name "Erin" and I can kind of feel the melody, but not well enough to hum it, so I go noodling about and I finally come across it here. I remember my dad used to sing it, or at least bits and pieces of it, and I can't really remember hearing it anywhere else. YouTube only found 58 videos, and most of them are copies of hundred year old records.

No comments: