Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, August 30, 2013

Machine Guns

August 21, 2012. Rebels gather in the Bab al-Tabbaneh neighbourhood in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli.(Photo STR/AFP/GettyImages)

Reading a post by EB "Comrade" Misfit this morning reminded me of something I'd been thinking about Assad and gun running.
    I realized the reason machine guns are illegal is not because they are popular with criminals, but because they are popular with generals. An insurgency armed with automatic weapons is much more annoying than one armed with semi-automatic weapons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH, youth!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Wrong label! Tripoli is the capital city of Libya. Nothing to do with Syria, nor is it Lebanese :-(

Chuck Pergiel said...

Yes, you might think that, and I thought it as well. But there is a Triopli, Lebanon.

Stu said...

Well, now I've learnt something new. Thanks!