Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, May 26, 2014

God's Own Turntable

Why use a mere cast aluminum platter when you can you use a behemoth acrylic one?
Posthip Scott sent me a link to some photos from the Munich High End Audio Show.

On a semi-related note, I picked up a copy of This is Your Brain On Music by Daniel J. Levitin the other day at Costco. I started reading the introduction and he's talking about recording music and it's like reading about an alien culture.
    I played last chair clarinet and later the saxophone in school. 'Playing' might be putting it a little strong. I blew on the mouthpiece and moved my fingers on the keys, but everyone told me I was always flat. I never heard it. Matter of fact, none of the sounds coming from my horn ever sounded like music to me, they were just a series of notes. But I sure liked the Rock 'n Roll coming out of my car radio.
    On a semi-related note I noticed that the diction in some old-time hits is exceptional. I Like Bread and Butter by the Newbeats, and Super Freak by Rick James are a couple of examples.

No comments: