Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest

Friday, July 3, 2015

Girls and Cars



The second season of True Detective has started and we are enjoying the heck out of it, even though it's very frustrating to have to wait a week between episodes. The main appeal of this show is atmospheric, the look and feel. There is a plot and there are characters and they may be very good, but they pale in significance compared to the feelings the show conveys.
     I'm looking for a music video to put in this post and I'm not finding much, some teasers (which are short) and some tunes, but only still images. So I start looking for something by T Bone Burnett on account of he gets credit for some of the music, and I find this. While it may not be a great song, it's got some great shots of cars. I think I've seen some of these scenes before, and here too. Oh yeah, there's some girls in there, too.
    T Bone also produced Man of Constant Sorrow  (for the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?) which was written by Dick Burnett. I suppose if you wander around long enough you are bound to cross over the same track.

No comments: