Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Christoph Waltz


Galaxy Note7: Busy Busy Busy

Saw this ad and wondered: who is this guy? Christoph Waltz, star of stage and screen, that's who. And what's the last thing he says? "It unlocks with my eyes", or so my daughter tells me because I sure couldn't make it out.
     Unlocks with your eyes?!?! Very cool, and it sort of makes sense, it has a built in camera after all, and iris recognition is probably easier than fingerprint recognition. Eyes have pupils, so the computer program that is doing the analysis should be able to easily find the center. Fingerprints would be harder I think.
    I was a little skeptical that the fingerprint lock actually worked until I tried it out. My daughter's phone unlocks at her touch, but my touch does nothing. Somebody has put a lot of work into these things. I shouldn't be surprised, people are spending billions of dollars on them.

And Christoph? I recall vividly two of the characters he played. One was evil personified and the other was a glorious hero:
Christoph Waltz is an Austrian-German actor. He is known for his works with American filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, receiving acclaim for portraying SS-Standartenführer Hans Landa [the Jew hunter] in Inglourious Basterds (2009) and bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained (2012). For each performance, he won an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Hard to believe these two characters were played by the same actor, which I guess might be the basis for the ad.

No comments: