Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Boxes are Best

Cardboard box with staples

California Bob reports:

"Things You Used to See And Forgot How Common They Were Until You Unexpectedly Encounter Them Again -- Cardboard Box Edition"

I bought something from an individual on eBay and it came in this unusual box. In the e-commerce age, packaging costs have been optimized to noise level. It was surprising to see metal staples in a carton.

Carton looks newish (not old), has no markings, and is otherwise light-duty and unremarkable.

Possibly this is an old carton that someone had kicking around since the 70's?


I don't think I've seen a cardboard box with staples in quite a while. Can't say as I miss them, staples were always a pain to remove and I often cut myself on the dang things which made them doubly annoying.


No comments: