Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, October 17, 2024

New Things


I'm Nervous About This One - Massey Clutch Rebuild - Instant Reverse Part 2
Watch Wes Work

I'm posting this because of the comments Wes makes in the first minute. He likes doing new things, not doing the same thing over and over again. Looking back I have to say I am very similar. As to whether other people enjoy doing the same thing over and over again, I can't say. It's an alien concept. Oh, I can do repetitive work, but only if there is a goal in sight. It might be months away, but as long as there is an end point I can apply myself. Or maybe I just never found a repetitive job that engaged me enough to keep after it. Trouble shooting computer systems kept me engaged for ten years or so, but it was hardly repetitive. Every problem was new. I would have kept on but I was never able to connect with anyone who wanted my particular skills.

I enjoy watching his videos, not sure why. Maybe because they are comforting. I used to do mechanical work before I got into computers. I'm certainly not going to try and tackle any of the projects he takes on.

No comments: