Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, October 14, 2024

Power Outage

I had to go and open my big fat mouth. Four days ago I put up a post about Emergency Generators and this morning I woke up to no power. It only lasted a few hours and it's back on now. I may not need an emergency generator, but I definitely need more flashlights, you hear me, Amazon? Very annoying not having any power, totally disrupted my morning routine - no coffee, no microwave, no internet. Fortunately the sun was high enough that if I picked my spot, there was enough light to read my book (Last Argument of Kings). Got through a couple of chapters.

Some places you might need electrical power to heat your house. You would need it if you have electric heat. Some places in Oregon still use electric heat. Even if you heat your house with ever reliable gas or oil, you still need electric power to run the pumps and fans. We can get by without electric power as we have two gas fireplaces. If it gets really cold we might have to huddle up in front of the fireplace, but that's okay because there's a TV there and that's where we spend a couple of hours a day anyway.


No comments: