|Eugen Maersk in Le Havre France|
The 207 foot beam means it cannot fit through the Panama or Suez Canals. It is strictly transpacific. A cruise speed of 31 knots is 50% faster than a typical container ship. Built in Denmark.
- Length - 1,302 ft, 150 feet longer than the QE2 or the USS Enterprise (Aircraft Carrier).
- Crew - 13
- Engine - 14 cylinders in-line diesel engine (110,000 BHP)
- Cargo capacity - 11,000 TEU (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit)
- First Trip - September 08, 2006
- Construction cost - US $145,000,000+
The Maersk line has 8 ships like this out of a total of roughly 200. The oldest ships in their fleet were built in 1980 and hold 2700 TEU, about one fourth of what Emma and her sisters can carry. Their smallest ship only holds 740 TEU, but it is an oddball. The next biggest size is over 1,000 TEU. They have almost two million shipping containers. One of their ships makes a port call every thirteen minutes.
Shipyard where she was built:
View Random News in a larger map
Update June 2019 replaced dead Picasa album with image and link to Google Drive album.