Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Electrical

Headlight on the SUV burned out. The arrow points to the broken filament.


At the auto parts store they have four kinds of replacement bulbs: regular, super, duper, and extra crispy, each with their own color and fancy name. All made by Sylvania. I just wanted regular, you know, to match the one that's not burned out, but they don't have a package of just one of the regular bulbs. So do I buy a pair of the regular bulbs for $20 and have a spare on hand for the day sometime in the far distant future when the other bulb burns out and I have forgotten I have a spare and have to go buy another one anyway? Or do I buy I single super bulb for $14 and drive around with unbalanced headlights for the rest of my life? What a dilemma! I bought the standard package of two. I may be out $10, but I showed those marketing flacks that they can't fool me with their fancy talk and slick packages.

Update: September 30, 2010. The other headlight burned out and I replaced it with the bulb I had saved. I least I think it was the other headlight, maybe it was the same one. It was the left one this time, and the vehicle is our 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

1 comment:

Bill Peschel said...

I've encountered this, so I store the extra bulb in the workshop alongside the oil changing equipment and replacement windshield wipers. Eventually it burns out, and it's easier to replace without having to go to the store.