Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 14, 2010

Flower for the Day



I must be getting soft in the head. This is second time I have posted a picture of a flower in less than a month. This one is in my front yard. We had the yard man pull out a couple of evergreen things (small trees? big bushes?) that were starting to crowd the front door and replace them with something else. While he was at it, he planted some other flowers and stuff in the beds in front of the house. This was a month or so ago. I walk by yesterday, like I do every day, and I noticed that he had planted roses! Huh, imagine that, roses in my yard. I think we had some rose bushes in our yard in Beaverton, but they were there when we moved in and I believe they survived our short tenure. This is the first time I have had anything to do with the planting of roses. They are kind of pretty. I guess. If I have to have an opinion. Hmmph. Roses.

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

3 comments:

Snigglefrits said...

Why is it unsavory for a man to appreciate the beauty of a flower? The rose is beautiful. I've had some nice looking roses this year too, thanks to the husband tending them. (He thinks they're purdy too!)

Stu Savory said...

Here's a Savory flower for you, Snigglefrits ;-) It is the very rare Viola Westfalica :-

http://home.egge.net/~savory/stus_blog_pix/heavy_metal_flower_power.jpg

BTW: My namesake on Facebook is no relation :-)

Snigglefrits said...

Oooh Stu, that is pretty!

I like flowers, but I just look at them. I have a black thumb instead of a green one. :D