Jody sent me this.
How deep is this? From Wikipedia:
- 100 feet: Modern plastic tourist submarine.
- 300 feet: World War I submarines with carbon steel hulls.
- 600 feet: World War II submarines with alloy steel hulls.
- 1,000 feet: Modern military submarines with high-strength alloy steel hulls.
- 4,000 feet: Rumor of crazy Russian military submarine with titanium hull.
- 5,000 feet (one mile): This oil leak.
- 15,000 feet: Alvin Research Submarine
- 35,000 feet: Deepest part of the ocean (Mariana Trench) reached in 1960 by the Trieste.