Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

New Roof

K.E. Harn is replacing the shingles on my 19 year old house. The old ones were supposed to be good for 25 years, but they got kind of beat up looking from someone crawling around up there putting up Christmas lights. My neighbor got his replaced a couple of months ago, and you know how life in suburbia goes: gotta keep up with the neighbors. Fortunately he's a fairly practical guy so I didn't have to shop around, I just used the same company he did. The job is going to cost around $11K. Good thing I've got a couple of bucks stashed away.
    Talking to the truck driver, he tells me he's been driving this same truck for the last 15 years. I didn't think we made anything to last that long anymore. The driver brought his own helper to unload the crane and stack the materials on the roof. Not exactly a fair division of labor, work-wise, but you do want someone who is familiar with the behavior of the crane doing the unloading. Besides, there might not be anyone else there.

No comments: