Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, July 11, 2014

Disease


Comrade Misfit put up a post about Chicken pox, er, Chicamonga, er, chickie-chickie, er some disease with a funny chicky sounding name. I follow the link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention where I find these two items:
  • See your doctor if you develop the symptoms described above.
  • There is no medicine to treat chikungunya virus infection or disease.
 Why bother to go to the doctor if there is nothing he can do for you? This is moronic advice for morons, typical of every public agency. Which reminds me of that old saying: no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

P.S. I found a bunch of pictures of really ugly mosquitos. They were so ugly I was repelled, so I chose the uber-geeky image above. I don't dislike all bugs. I kind of like spiders. I'm not quite sure why that is. Perhaps it's the same reason Malkina (Cameron Diaz in The Counselor likes her cheetahs: it's because they are predators, not parasites.

No comments: