Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Speed Limit Map


I drove from PDX to Wilsonville on I-205 today. Southbound through Clackamas and then west through Oregon City the speed limit is 55. Somewhere after that it changes to 65 MPH. Evidently I missed the changeover because all of sudden everyone in the fast lane is going much faster. Eventually I saw a 65 MPH speed limit sign and I got with the program.
    Now I'm home and I'm wondering just where does the speed limit change, so I start Googling and eventually I end up on ITO World, where I found this map.The fat blue line wandering in from the left hand edge is the 65 MPH section of I-205, and the purple section coming in the from right is the 55 MPH section. Where they meet is the point where the speed limit changes. Unfortunately, I still don't know where it is because that section of I-205 is notoriously devoid of landmarks. Nothing but trees for miles.
    I don't know how much of the world ITO has covered, but they definitely have the UK and the USA sorted.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Go, Germany, GO!

http://www.itoworld.com/map/124?lon=7.39421&lat=51.67830&zoom=5

Chuck Pergiel said...

That's a little curious, now that I think about it. Germany, the land of the regimented and obedient, has no speed limit, whereas the USA, land of the free and home of the brave, is draconian in their enforcement of speed limits.