Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, December 12, 2014

Machine

2015 Mazda Miata Chassis. Click to embiggenate.

Just because it's a cool picture of the inner workings of a cool machine. The black tubes attached to the left side of the engine (this side) are not exhaust pipes, they are part of the tuned intake manifold. The throttle body is right above the alternator. That girder connecting the transmission to the differential will help make the chassis stiffer but it won't do anything for twisting forces. For that you will need to rely on the body. autoevolution has some more detail photos. I also found a bunch of photos of this chassis that were taken at auto shows that had a red and black background. While at first glance they looked cooler (more dramatic maybe?), closer inspection revealed that they were lacking in detail. Of course to really get a good look at this machine, this picture would need to be ten thousand pixels wide, and ain't nobody got time for that.

2 comments:

CGHill said...

This has long been a car I could covet if I thought I could actually sit in it. (A friend has an earlier model; I wedged in, but the windshield header hits me about nose level.)

Chuck Pergiel said...

My friend Jack managed to wedge himself into Chrysler Sebring (the infamous). Once. No more, he says.