|One wheel landing of a SA Air force Oryx|
Photo by Tom van der Meulen, taken while "Lying on my stomach, hanging upside down out the door".
|Oryx Helicopter off Cape Town, South Africa|
- First helicopter landing on Bouvet Eiland in 1966.
|Bouvet Island, southeast side, as seen at sunrise, eight miles distant. Black and white photograph coloured by hand. Photo taken on the German Valdivia expedition. 1898.|
- 54.43 degrees South, 3.38 degrees West
- 1,100 miles from the coast of Antarctica
- 1,700 miles from Cape Town, South Africa
- 2,600 miles from the southern tip of South America
- 3,200 miles from Buenos Aires