Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

52 years (and 3 days) ago


Время первых — Трейлер #2 (2017)

50 years ago a Russian made the first space walk. They had a couple of problems. It's a miracle they survived. I mean 10 G's of force? Motherboard has the story. Now they have made a movie about it (trailer above). It will be released next month. Via Posthip Scott.

Voskhod 2 commemorative stamp. Image: Russian Federation

Voskhod 2 with inflatable airlock

Interior view of the Voskhod descent module.  Note the simple control panel and Vzor porthole to the left. (Novosti Press Agency). I suspect all the orange stuff is spray on foam insulation.

Belyayev and Leonov shown inside the cramped Voskhod descent module cabin.

1 comment:

AndrewP said...

Nicely done Blog entry!
I remember I was 12 at the time, out in the orchard with Rusty chasing rabbits, I thought I heard "Fuc*ing space suit!" and spied a glitter high overhead. Rusty paused and looked skyward, barked, then went back to chasing rabbits.