Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 18, 2019

The Imperial

The Imperial Restaurant (bottom Left) & The Imperial Hotel (right)
The family got together for lunch on Saturday at The Imperial restaurant in downtown Portland. With a name like that, and the fact that they take reservations, I was a afraid it might be expensive, but it wasn't too awful. $150 for six, with coffee, no alcohol. Because there were six of us, the bill included the tip. It also contained a 3% wellness charge. I have no idea where that came from. I had the Eggs Benedict because it seemed to have everything I wanted, plus I don't think I've ever ordered it before. It comes covered with what I think is Hollandaise sauce. It looked good, but taste-wise it didn't seem to be anything special. A little salty, maybe. Okay, I went out on a limb and tried something new. Now that I've had it, I can go back to ordering stuff I like.

We got there an hour early and found a metered parking spot right across the street, but the meter is only good for two hours. By the time we finished lunch we had overstayed our time by half an hour. Since we escaped without a ticket I will only say that parking in downtown Portland sucks, otherwise this screed would go on for pages.

No comments: