Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, May 6, 2019

Cronometer

Cronometer Calorie Counting Program
I am trying to lose weight, again. For me, it's entirely psychological. Perhaps if I had an all consuming hobby or project, I wouldn't eat so much, but as it is, eating is one my favorite things. I have managed to lose some weight before. The only thing that seems to work as far as losing weight is if I write down everything I eat. That isn't too onerous. I did it for a while. But then I would look up the calorie content of the food and enter the data into a spreadsheet and that took time, so much time that this project fell by the wayside and since then my weight has climbed back up to 250 pounds.
escali digital kitchen scale
Spring has sprung and I am making another go of it and this time younger son recommended Cronometer. I have a Chromebook I keep in the kitchen so I can enter what I eat right there. The program works pretty well. It seems to know all about all the foods and has 47 different ways of measuring them, so you can pick whichever one works for you. I use an escali scale to weigh everything. My wife bought it a while back. I considered it a frivolous purchase, but it, along with Cronometer and my Chromebook enable me to keep track of what I eat. We shall see how long I can keep this up.

No comments: