Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 3, 2019

The power of internet people


1927 Chrysler
In the Middle of the Right is working on an old car and chronicling as he goes:
So I commented below that I needed a distributor drive gear for the '27 Chrysler.
And someone commented and pointed to a gear set that was available at, believe it or not, JC Whitney.
and, while that ISN'T the correct gear, I called the listed manufacturer, who didn't have the right gear, but suggested a third party, who pointed me to a fourth, who gave me the number of a FIFTH party, who ACTUALLY HAD THE GEAR.
It'll be here Monday or Tuesday.
Many thanks to commenter "Knucklehead" for the help.
I've never heard of a distributor gear wearing out, but then I've never worked on anything that was older than dirt.

I remember we used to get JC Whitney catalogs, actual printed on paper catalogs. They had everything you could possibly need for your car, and a lot of stuff that nobody needed. I bought a couple of things from them, but it didn't work out.

No comments: