Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, October 24, 2019

PragerU v. YouTube


PragerU v. YouTube

I don't think I've ever heard of Prager University before and I don't remember watching any of their videos. This one popped up as an ad and I was intrigued. It does a pretty good job of laying out their case against YouTube.

Most of PragerU's videos are about five minutes long, which is my usual limit for watching videos. That's kind of curious because videos from Mark Felton Productions (warning: autostart video) and The History Guy are also about that long. Pop music is almost always less than five minutes long. I suspect there must be some psychological factor involved here. I've also noticed that the voice on videos has a lot to do with whether I will watch them or not. Some speakers just grate on me and I will turn them off immediately.

PragerU has their own website and a page with all the videos YouTube has banned. This video can also be found on their website. They don't offer any embed code.

The only trouble I have with YouTube is that videos I post on this blog often disappear. It used to be because of copyright claims, but lately it seems to be because the account was closed (mmm, is my spider sense tingling?). I could download the videos and then reupload them to my account, but that takes time, time when my brain is functioning, which is in short supply. I seem to have an endless supply of time when my brain is only marginally functional. Then it is only good for playing solitaire, not doing anything requiring thinking.

No comments: