Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Dream of Italy

Pontiac Solstice
My girl and I are touring Italy in a Pontiac Solstice. The car is two tone: cream and orange. We are headed out to a clearly artificial island. It is a rectangular outline maybe a mile long, or maybe a mile in circumference.  It appears to made of a giant blocks of marble shaped like books. Some are standing up, like on a bookshelf, some are leaning, some are lying flat. This island is only an outline, kind of a like a coral reef. We have a row of these giant marble books forming the outline, but the inside of the rectangle is all water, just like a South Pacific atoll. I briefly entertain the idea of driving to the island. If we can hit the water with enough speed and the right angle we might be able to skim across the water, but the prospect of not being able to find a landing place dissuades me.We were only going to spend one night there, but it turns out, naturally, that the ferry service is irregular, so we will need to stay over a day.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Italy. My wife had a Mazda Miata for a while, but I've never had a Pontiac. I can't recall that I've ever even driven one.

P.S. A great many pictures of cars can be found on the Internet, but all the ones of cars with people driving them are provided by outfits that are selling those images. And pictures of cars in certain areas are nearly non-existent. And there don't seem to be any cream colored Pontiac Solstices anywhere, never mind part of a two tone color scheme. Hard to believe.

No comments: