Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Why Do They Hate Him So?

Concert in the Egg - 1561
Much of what I read on the Internet is from conservatives. Much of what they write about are instances of liberal stupidity. You know, social justice warriors making a stink about the color of somebody's socks or something equally stupid. And irrelevant to anything of any importance.

Apparently, many people despise Trump. Me, I don't particularly care. I don't know him, I've never met him, I've never talked to him. His life is so far away from mine that he may as well be an alien from another planet. And it's not just Trump, I could say the same about all politicians and celebrities.

Some people think Trump is wonderful. I attribute this intense political feeling (both for and against) to sports fan syndrome. People want a cause to believe in. Some people latch onto sports teams, some latch onto political parties. I try to stay out of it, I suspect it is mostly because I am more interested in things than in people. Things, no matter how complicated, are much simpler than people. If you study things you will eventually learn all there is to know about them. With people, there is no bottom, there is only an infinite sea of chaos and while navigating those storm tossed waters may be exhilarating for a while, for me it is exhausting, so I try and stay out of it.

Anyway, I'm reading a post by Sarah A. Hoyt, and she references a post by Victor Davis Hanson on why Trump generates so much antipathy. It's pretty good.

P.S. I found the picture at top while looking for a picture of 'Trump the Devil'. It's from a post by Tom Hodgkinson that offers an intriguing explanation of how Trump got elected.

No comments: